Kids in State care are unable to have face to face contact with their parents, creating a COVID generation of kids who will most likely never return to their families. This situation is exacerbated by strict 2 year time frames enshrined in law, with no ability for the Children’s Court to make reunification orders after this time has elapsed, even in circumstances of this state of emergency and if it would be in the kid’s best interests.
- New report released into the impact of the “Permanency Amendments” and their effect upon vulnerable children November 13, 2020
- Victoria to have a Spent Convictions Scheme October 27, 2020
- Fears of a COVID generation of kids in State care August 10, 2020
- Metro Children’s Court goes virtual – New Practice Direction July 13, 2020
- Kids As Young As Ten To Be Charged With A Crime. June 19, 2020
- Use Of Force June 19, 2020